Edition 1.8 reflects the continued renewal of the original 2007 textbook.
The key changes in Edition 1.8:
- Motivation and Emotion (Chapter 4) has been entirely revised, improving the flow and style of the writing, and incorporating the latest research of the field.
- Interior Selves; Interior Worlds (Chapter 5) has been entirely revised, with a focus on improving the writing and on incorporating the latest research of the field.
- Mental Abilities and Navigating the World (Chapter 6) reflects new thinking in the area of intelligence including the three-stratum model of intelligence. The section on personal intelligence and its relation to personality has been revised.
- Additional updated sections:
- The section about positive affirmations in Chapter 10 (Dynamics of the Self) has been updated.
- The section on Machiavellianism in Chapter 9 (Dynamics of Action) has been expanded to cover “Social Cooperation, Deception and The Dark Triad”
- The section on personality and health in Chapter 12 (Personality Development in Adulthood) has been revised.
- The textbook has been reduced by 5% (20 pages) to reduce textbook bloat. The reductions were achieved by:
- Developing a new streamlined presentation of Kelly’s Circumspection-Preemption-Control Cycle
- Removing coverage of Cattell’s ergs, sentiments and dynamic lattice from Chapter 9
- Removing the extended case study of Richard Nixon in Chapter 8
- Over 4000 insertions, deletions, alterations to punctuation, and formatting changes were made throughout the book to improve its readability and continuity.