Personality: A Systems Approach by John D. Mayer
The 2nd Edition is scheduled for early 2017 by the book’s new publisher, Rowman & Littlefield. See details here.
Personality: A Systems Approach is a contemporary textbook suitable for undergraduate courses in personality psychology. The textbook is based on the personality systems framework, an outline that organizes today’s information about personality psychology into four areas:
- Defining and locating personality
- Personality’s parts
- Personality’s organization, and
- Personality development
Journal articles describing the framework also have appeared in the American Psychologist (2005), Psychological Inquiry (1997), the Journal of Personality (1995, 1996), and Social and Personality Psychology Compass (2011).
Instructors are invited to request an examination copy of Edition 1.8 (2015) by using the request form here.
On this site you can:
- Keep track of the next revision of the textbook (the 2nd Edition, published by Rowman & Littlefield, currently planned for early 2017).
- Learn about the most up-to-date version of the book, Edition 1.8 (released on August 3rd, 2015)
- Learn about Edition 1.5 (2014). Please note: Edition 1.5 has now been retired from publication.
- See where you can order the book.
- Look inside the current version of the book
- Obtain a detailed description of the revisions for Edition 1.8 (and before that, the revisions for Edition 1.5).
- See the publication history of the book
- Obtain Powerpoint lectures to accompany the book.
You can also find information about The Elements of Mental Tests (2nd Edition), published by Momentum Press in 2016 by visiting this page.