Personality: A Systems Approach
by John D. Mayer
Second Edition (Forthcoming Fall, 2017). The 2nd Edition of Personality: A Systems Approach is scheduled by the book’s new publisher, Rowman & Littlefield, to be ready in advance of the fall 2017 semester. See the publisher’s webpage for the book and request an examination copy here. You can also find further details about the new edition on the present website here.
Personality: A Systems Approach is a contemporary textbook suitable for undergraduate courses in personality psychology. The textbook is based on the personality systems framework, an outline that organizes today’s information about personality psychology into four areas:
- Defining and locating personality
- Personality’s parts
- Personality’s organization, and
- Personality development
Edition 1.8 (Currently Available!). Faculty across the country are successfully using Edition 1.8 in their personality psychology courses. Edition 1.8 will continue to be the most current edition available through the spring and summer semesters of 2017.
Instructors are invited to request an examination copy of Edition 1.8 (2015) by using the request form here.
On this site you can:
- Keep track of the next revision of the textbook (the 2nd Edition, published by Rowman & Littlefield, currently planned for early 2017).
- Learn about the most up-to-date version of the book, Edition 1.8 (released on August 3rd, 2015)
- Learn about Edition 1.5 (2014). Please note: Edition 1.5 has now been retired from publication.
- See where you can order the book.
- Look inside the current version of the book
- Obtain a detailed description of the revisions for Edition 1.8 (and before that, the revisions for Edition 1.5).
- See the publication history of the book
- Obtain Powerpoint lectures to accompany the book.
You can also find information about The Elements of Mental Tests (2nd Edition), published by Momentum Press in 2016 by visiting this page.